NEW! Our application process is now done entirely online - click here to apply.
Deadlines and payment information are outlined below.
- St. Stephen’s families who would like to enroll additional children not presently attending the school shall be given enrollment preference over new family applicants. Registrations for returning students and applications for new siblings to be enrolled begins on December 4 for the 2013/2014 school year. The application for each new student must be accompanied by a $100 non-refundable application fee. Currently enrolled students who have not re-enrolled with a $50 deposit by January 7 will lose their reservation and will be considered along with new families if they choose to apply.
- St. Stephen’s reserves the right to not renew a student for the next academic year.
- Applications for new students may be turned in, with a $100 per student non-refundable application fee, beginning January 7 for the 2013/2014 school year. Applications for new families will be considered When an application has been submitted, an interview with the parents will be scheduled and conducted shortly thereafter. Testing for class placement will be scheduled at the same time as or shortly after the family interview.
- The purpose of the parent interview is to ensure that parents fully understand St. Stephen’s values, mission, and philosophy. It is essential that the relationship between school and home be one of openness and mutual support. We take seriously the role that we are given by parents who entrust their children to us for education. The interview ensures that families are aligned with St. Stephen’s in mutual pursuit of excellence in education.
- When a new student’s placement is confirmed, the first monthly tuition payment (of 11) will be due 10 days from the date of notification of acceptance (for returning families, the first monthly tuition payment is due on June 15). This first tuition payment is non-refundable after June 30.
- Financial aid is available. St. Stephen’s Academy uses the services of Financial Aid for School Tuition (FAST) in determining the amount of financial aid for which a family may qualify. The FAST application is separate from the St. Stephen’s application and must be turned in to FAST by March 1, 2013, in order to be considered in the first round of aid awards. (For new families applying for financial aid after this date, the request may be considered at the discretion of the board and awarded based on funds available.) Financial aid decisions will be commuicated by April 1.
- A Financial Agreement will be sent out by June 1. The first tuition payment (of 11) is due June 15 for returning families (10 days from the date of notification of acceptance for new families). Monthly tuition payments are due by the first day of each month, July - May. There is no payment due in January, as the deposit for the 2014/2015 year will be due in January.
- Families may opt to pay the entire yearly tuition amount in advance, and take a 5% discount on the total annual tuition fee, if payment is made on or before June 15. (The discount does not apply to families receiving financial aid.)